(1) Axonic aims to respect and protect your privacy. We have generally designed our websites so that you can visit the website without being personally identifiable and without any personal information about you being disclosed. If you decide to disclose personal information to us, we undertake to treat it with great care.
(2) The term ‘personal data’ refers to items of information which can give indications as to the identity or private matters of an individual. It includes the person’s correct name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Based on the above definition, it does not include information which does not give indications as to the identity or private matters of an individual, such as the number of visitors to a website.
(3) The information provided by the owner of the Website is normally freely accessible. No personal registration is required. Personal information is gathered where necessary in order to perform relevant services. This is the case, for example, if you subscribe online to the newsletter, or if you request information material or obtain test software. We only use your personal data to enable us to provide you with the services you request.
(4) Axonic will treat your personal data in strict confidence, and as a matter of principle will not disclose it to third parties (except for partners of Axonic).
(5) When you disclose your personal data to us, you thereby give your consent for us to store and use it within the constraints of the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz). The personal information you provide is accessible only to Axonic and to its partners where appropriate. You can cancel your subscription to our e-mail newsletter, or withdraw your consent for us to store and use your personal data, at any time.
You are advised that you may obtain some services of the provider, for example a newsletter, without providing personal information. In this case only an email address is needed. Furthermore, you can give an anonymous email address, from a free email service, so that your email address appears as a pseudonym instead of as a first and last name.
Pursuant to Sections 34 and its following articles, and Article 6b of the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG), the user can always view the personal data saved under their name or pseudonym free of charge. For this, the user only needs to make a written request to the provider.
In order to determine the extent to which the website is of interest and can be improved, general, non-personally identifiable, and statistical data on the use of the services offered are collected and kept. In order to achieve this, surveys are conducted and data and information from server log files are summarized on a holistic basis and used for statistics and analysis.
(6) Axonic reserves the right to change this Data Protection Statement at any time within the constraints of the applicable law.
(7) Why and which Cookies does Lookeen use?
security information: Lookeen also collects certain standard information about your computer for security and identification purposes. This information may include: IP addresses, domain names, access times, cookies and other unique identifying information of machines that have our software downloaded and installed on them. This information is used for the operation of the service, to identify and protect our customers and to control unauthorized use or abuse of our services. All information is encrypted during transmission and is stored securely within our servers.
web analytics: We continuously improve our site and utilize different analytic tools to help us do so, such as cookies. We are interested in how visitors use our products, what they like and dislike, and where they have problems.
We have no control over the use of third party tracking technologies after they are placed on our site. The Help section on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can still review the site if you choose to set your browser to refuse all cookies; however, you must enable cookies in order to establish an account and to download and install any of the software.
(7.1) Wordpress (comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url)
We use wordpress.org software to run the blog on Lookeen. If you comment on our blog, cookies will be set. This is for your convenience so that you will not have to re-type all your information for future comments.
Duration: 364 days
(7.2) Google Analytics (_ga, _gat)
We use Google Analytics as described in How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps. You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads.
Duration: _gq 2 years, _gat 10 minutes
(7.3) StatCounter (is_unique)
We use StatCounter.com to track activity on our websites. These stats help us to understand how people are interacting with our websites and to improve the design and functionality of our sites so that we can offer a better online experience to visitors and customers. If you visit Lookeen websites, a 3rd party StatCounter analytics cookie will be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site. No personal information is stored in the cookie. To opt out of this cookie, please visit the StatCounter website.
Duration: 5 years
(7.4) Olark (wcsid, hblid, olfsk, _ok, _oklv, _okbk, _okgid, omp__super__properties)
We use Olark to provide an online chat window on some pages of Lookeen and in the app itself - this allows you to start a conversation with us and allows us to provide you with immediate, responsive customer service. Various cookies are used to keep you logged in to chat, track what page you are viewing and to manage page loading resources. No personal information is stored in these cookies.
Duration: expires at end of browsing session up to 2 years
(8) When collecting and reproducing information using the Google +1 button, you can publish information worldwide. Google +1 functionality allows you and other users to receive personalized content from both Google and our partners. If you activate the +1 button for Internet content, Google saves information about both the content that you wish to share, and also information about the Web site from which the content originates. Consequently, your +1 data, profile name and your photograph from Google services, can appear as tips or recommendations in search results or in your Google profile, or even in other places on Web sites or as Internet advertisements.
(11) Axonic is entitled to “extended use of data”, following voluntary, explanatory, and logged consent from you, to collect personal data, profile data, and demographic data; process (eg. modify, save for further processing, or to combine with other records and archives) this data; and use it for:
Axonic is not bound by consent of the user to delete the user data immediately after the end of the current use, but is entitled to retain it. Furthermore, the provider retains consent from the user to share his or her personal data to partners for the purpose of advertising, market research, information on products and services, the delivery of services, to enter into contracts for goods and services, and to match the interests of the user to other information through a newsletter. The consent is performed given checking the box in the appropriate field. This consent will be logged; your content is always available to you.
You may revoke consent at any time. For this purpose, the use agreement on the expanded use of personal data may be terminated and the data will be deleted in total. When, by acceptance of this agreement, your data has been passed on to partners, they will be notified immediately and asked for deletion. It is also possible to maintain the user agreement and revoke only consent to further exploitation of the data in the future. If the data in the context of centralized data processing are processed by external service providers, the suppliers will also take appropriate steps to ensure that the privacy rights of the users will be taken fully into account.
All permissions and consents under this provision shall not extend to telephone information, offers, and advertising.
(12) All information given on any website published by Axonic is provided without guarantee. We cannot guarantee that data is complete and up-to-date at all times. Be advised that the websites may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
(13) All information given on any website published by Axonic is provided without guarantee. We cannot guarantee that data is complete and up-to-date at all times. Be advised that the websites may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
(14) We reserve the right to change or update the information given on the website at any time without prior notification. Axonic can under no circumstances be made liable to you or to third parties for any direct, indirect, specific or miscellaneous loss consequential to use of this website or any website linked to it. Any liability for loss of profit, loss of production or loss of computer programs or other data held in your information systems is likewise excluded. This also applies where we are expressly advised of the possibility of such loss.
(15) The contents and works on these pages created by the providers are subject to German copyright law. The reproduction, adaptation, distribution and any kind of exploitation outside the limits of copyright require the written consent of the respective author or creator. Downloads and copies of these pages are only permitted for private, non-commercial use. If the content is not created by the website operator, the property rights of third parties shall be upheld. In particular, contents of third parties are marked as such. Should you nevertheless become aware of a copyright infringement, we ask that you notify us. Upon notification of violations, we will remove such content immediately.
(16) Websites published by Axonic my contain links to other websites which may be of interest to you. Axonic can under no circumstances be made liable to you or to third parties for any direct, indirect, specific or miscellaneous loss consequential to use of this website or any linked to it.
For questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal information, the disclosure, correction, blocking or deletion of data and revocation of consents granted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: September 2015